Wednesday 4 May 2016

Day 1: Daily Blogging?

So I've been thinking about it for quite a while now and you know what, I'm going to give it a shot!I've decided to start blogging on a daily basis and write about what I get up to each and every day. I want it to be as enjoyable as possible hence why I don't want to be too strict about it, so if something pops up and I don't get round to it on a particular day I'll not fret. I always enjoy checking out daily blog posts or video blogs by other people and always thought it might be fun to have a go at it so why not start now!? The plan is to try and post a blog post here on my blog each day, I'm not sure on an exact time at the moment but I'm sure it'll fall into place as time goes by so make sure to pop back each evening to read my latest post. Beside daily blogging I intend to continue writing posts on specific subjects on a regular basis so be sure to keep a look out for them too.
I'm about to start my final year of school so I thought it would be nice to keep track of my final year and beyond. It might just be a short post each day but I hope you'll enjoy a small glimpse into my life. So sit back and relax.
A typical morning in my life consists of the same routine; wake up at what feels like the crack of dawn (it's usually between 7 and half past 7 in the morning) in a sleepy trance, drag myself through to the living room, fall onto the sofa and stare at the TV until I waken enough to actually eat some breakfast. Am I building up a picture yet? Yeah, I'm not exactly a morning person.
After I actually manage to consume some food, I get dressed and organised for the day. At around eight twenty we flock out of the house in a rush to get my sister Laurel to school. Today, I didn't have any tuition until the afternoon so Mum and I popped into the town centre to pick up a few bits and pieces.
Our visit consisted of trip to Wilkinson's to replace our bird food as our garden birds had demolished their suet treat. After this we popped into Superdrug to pick up a box of red hair dye for myself (my roots are getting pretty bad!) dodging the dog poo which seemed to cover every inch of the ground today. I could seriously have a bit of a rant about it but I'll refrain from boring you. But seriously, if you have a dog, pick up their poo! Is it really that much to ask?
A wee trip to Costa was in order so we made our way through Waterstones stopping to say 'hello' to the shop staff who we often chat to. Settling down at the table, playing around on my iPod and taking full advantage of the free Wi-Fi, whilst my Mum picked up our order. I can't remember what exactly Mum had but I opted for a Pepsi and one of Costa's delicious chocolate brownies-mmmm!
We popped into Tesco on route back home to get a few ingredients for dinner and took a little detour via the magazine isle. I just so happened to spot the music magazine section and stopped in my tracks when my eyes fell upon the Prince tribute magazines. I may have left the store with one or two, okay maybe three!
On arrival back home I made a start on my radio preparation for tomorrow's show. If you're about tune into 3TFM between one and two o'clock tomorrow afternoon-there's lot's of great music coming up! Promise! A spot of lunch was in order which just left us with enough time to nip to the bathroom and get out my art stuff before my tutor arrived. During my art session this afternoon I continued working on my art coursework for my Nat 4 qualification. A few months ago, I created a couple of different masks which acts as a final piece for part of the course. In many respects I'm working backwards to show the process of how the piece developed. I was working on a sketch of the mask in pencil and a little charcoal for shading. The hour and a half of art tuition usually by pretty quickly and as soon as my tutor leaves it's a mad rush to throw on tour coats, shoes and hat in my case before leaving the house once again to pick Laurel up from school.
Once back home, I ended up watching Location, Location, Location with my Mum-I always managed to somehow get distracted despite having great intentions to get things done. Oh well! I suppose a wee break is allowed from time to time!
Before long Dad arrived home from work and we sat down to dinner; Mum's homemade carbonara! Delicious as always! And that brings us up to the present moment as I sit her typing away on my laptop like I do every night. Like I said above I decided to start daily blogging so I thought there's nothing better than the present moment, in other words why not sit down and do it now? I know it's probably not the most interesting of posts but I suppose as time goes on I'll become better at describing my day and that you my friends, will enjoy reading about it. Here's hoping I actually keep to writing it-we'll see how it goes!
Anyway, I wish you all a good night! Until tomorrow......
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment