Saturday 14 May 2016

Day 10

Hello from me! How are you all doing today?
My goodness has it been another busy day; I have a list of things I need to do logged deep inside my head. I don't know why but as soon as it comes into the Summer season, I always find myself absolutely run off my feet; there's always something happening!
I spent some time with my Grandparents this morning who brought down a few bits and bobs for our garden which had been stored at their house until we moved. We went out for a bite to eat at TK Maxx's café before my tutor was due to arrive this afternoon. It had been a while since I'd been in; I used to shop in TK Maxx and pay the café a visit a couple of times a week but with my tutoring schedule this year I'm not able to pop in as often so it was lovely to catch up with Kirsty, a friend of mine who works there-what a fabulous lady she never fails to make me smile! Fortunately, we were in early enough to order a cooked breakfast which was pretty delicious!
This was followed by a look round the shop. I left with two skirts which have a bit of bohemian vibe too them. After the heatwave we've had this week I realised I really ought to get some new Summer clothes so that's a good start.
Time was ticking on by and time for tutoring was soon approaching so back to the car it was with around twenty minutes to spare as we hit the house. At one o'clock my tutor arrived and it was straight to work for me. I have just over a couple of weeks to get all of my work finished and ready to hand into school-not long to go at all. My tutor had photocopied recent pieces of artwork I created of apples (the ones I got frustrated about painting the other day) and enlarged a few and shrunk a few and I have to say they look fab in different sizes. We'll use the photocopies of the artwork in various other pieces that I'm yet to create. I'm very lucky to have such amazing tutors who I can easily chat away to whilst working, today my art tutor even started playing some of The Waterboys songs as we were planning to using poems or song lyrics in my artwork and were looking for ones that were relevant to the portfolio I've created this past year. It's such a great idea, something a little bit different!
Anyway, I spent most of the afternoon after my art session and into the early evening working away. Last year we focused on creating masks for a period of a few weeks using natural materials such as leaves due to the fact that it was Autumn and they were so easy to come by. As I sat at the kitchen table earlier painting/creating collages inspired by the mask designs, my Mum walked into the room to prepare dinner and looked over my shoulder for a peek. She immediately turned to me and said 'Oh that one looks a bit like David Bowie' and on second thoughts it actually did, through no intention of my own might I add. The only problem now is I can't look at it without a vision of David Bowie and the temptation of painting a lighting bolt on the face.
I'm pleased to say that it's finally the weekend. It's always a relief when it approaches. Although, for me it's going to be working one. I have so much to prepare and get done so I'll be spending a lot of time doing just that-wish me luck!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment