Tuesday 31 May 2016

Day 22 & 23: Scottish Sunshine

Hello My Friends!
Wow! We're almost at the end of May already, how on earth did that happen!? It's flown in! It's been a very busy weekend with numerous things happening and I've been working a ton of things so sadly, I've had to leave blogging for a couple days or I wouldn't have been able to get anything else done. But back and I'm here I am now to tell you all about my day. So sit back and relax for a short while whilst you read.
Monday 30th May, bank holiday Monday or in other words; an extra day off school or in my instance, tutoring! I knew I would have to get up early as the workmen were coming to fit a new radiator in my room but I thought I'd push it as long as I possibly could and stay cuddled up in the comfort on my own bed. But at around 9am there was a knock at the door; the workmen had arrived. I don't think I've ever got up as quickly in my life before Mum could answer the door. Quickly, I lifted a pile of thing consisting of my laptop, charger and iPod (you know, the necessities!) and made my way through to the living room whilst Mum let the workmen in. I sat there half asleep on the sofa and decided to make use of getting up early and do some work on my laptop and finish editing things on my laptop.
Within a short period of time, the workmen had finished doing what they were doing and no sooner than they arrived, they left. Mum made us a delicious cooked breakfast whilst I continued to work away on my laptop until it was ready. I think I spent a while chatting to my sister at the table which gave me just enough time to get dressed and make my bed before my Grandparents arrived at the house. We all headed out to TK Maxx for my Grandparent's to have some lunch. We'd already eaten a bigger breakfast so Mum, Laurel and I just had a drink, cake and a scone for me!
Due to the weather being exceptionally nice my parents decided we'd make the most of it and have a barbecue using the barbecue my Mum gave my Dad for Christmas at one of our old houses however, we never got round to using it because we moved to our old flat just a little while later. During that time, the BBQ was stored at my Grandparent's house. Now, we have a lovely big garden with more than enough room for the BBQ! So it was great to finally get some use out of it. Let's face it; how many days are we actually able to have a BBQ in Scotland? Once every blue moon! So we all were able to sit outside and enjoy the sun whilst my Dad and Grandad built up the BBQ for the first time.
Soon enough the food was on the grill and my goodness was it delicious! Yeah, things like sausages and chicken are extremely tasty but I must say the highlights for me anyway is corn on the cobb, red peppers and mushrooms cooked on the BBQ. They seriously taste amazing!
I've been working nonstop on various things of late so haven't had much of a chance to just chill out. So for once, I decided to put everything aside for a couple of hours and pull out some of my art supplies and paint. Not for school or anything, just for my own enjoyment. It's nowhere near complete and it'll probably be a while before the opportunity arises to finish it but who cares!
After we'd all eaten, it became cooler so my Dad and Grandad disappeared into the house to no doubt hog the TV. The bold Robyn is always the last one standing. I like to push it for as long as I possibly can so we all sat out for a while longer watching a dark cloud slowly approach in the distance. And yep, you guessed it! The rain soon began to fall so it was a mad rush to clear everything away and head back inside before it got any heavier. Good old Scottish weather at it's best eh!?
And that brings us to today, Tuesday in other words. Today, I've been bursting with excitement all day. Tomorrow is the big day! Yep, tomorrow we see The Boss, Bruce Springsteen in concert and I'm very excited to say the least! It's been three years since I last saw Bruce at Wembley Stadium and funnily enough, this will be my third Bruce gig and my first time seeing him live in Scotland. I've decided that I'm going to attempt to vlog my day and share it with you guys on YouTube so here's hoping I actually manage to do it! But put it this way, I think it'll be a pretty good vlog-trust me!
Anyway, we dropped Laurel off at school this morning when we got a message from my tutor who had to cancel my music session which was due to take place this afternoon as his first grandchild had just been born. So that's pretty exciting news anyway! And to top if off, I get a wee day to myself! We'd planned to head into town anyway but that meant we didn't have to worry too much about time. So we were able to have a proper look in some of the shops and pick up a few bits and pieces.
Next, we zipped in and out of the streets of the town I live in where there seems to be traffic jams wherever you go at the moment and eventually, made it to ASDA. We picked up a few salad items to go with the food we had left over from last night's BBQ as the weather was warmer than yesterday so we thought we might as well have another one. We also popped into the new M&S food hall next to ASDA. We got speaking to a lady and her dog 'Charlie' who were parked next to us, I'm a real sucker for dogs so couldn't help but have a wee hug and stroke-you know how it is!
Back home, Mum was in the kitchen prepping our lunch to take out into the garden and I nipped into my room and just happened to be scrolling through my Facebook when I saw that Richie Sambora and Orianthi are heading back to the UK as a support act for Bad Company later this year. Funnily enough, I'd literally just mentioned them to Mum sitting in Costa a couple of hours earlier saying I bet they're going to head out on tour sometime soon. And then the big announcement came. I was bursting to say the least-I'm such a big fan of theirs!
We spent most of the afternoon chilling out in the garden, only leaving to pick Laurel up and then straight back outside again. Our house seems to be amidst the flightpath of the local airport as there was a constant flow of planes taking off and flying above the house. Seriously, another plane took off everything ten minutes or so-I'd never seen it so busy!
When Dad arrived home from work, he got straight into setting up the BBQ-think he might have been hungry! Again, the BBQ was pretty delicious! Mmmmmm! Here's hoping the sunny weather continues so we can have many more in the coming weeks.
Anyway, I really ought to go folks! It's getting late and I have so much to do before I head to bed! I'll keep you all posted on the Bruce concert tomorrow and like I said earlier, providing all goes well I plan on vlogging the day to take you guys along with me. So keep an eye out for that!
Until next time!

Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment