Tuesday 24 May 2016

Day 18: Befriending the Neigbhour's Cat

I'm afraid we're going to skip another day folks and instead just focus solely on today (Monday). It's amazing how whenever you set out with good intentions that everything crops up at the one time and trying to keep on top of it all is never easy. Slowly but surely I'm getting everything ticked off the list one by one and then hopefully it'll make it easier to write each day. Until then I'll just keep dabbling from day to day with a mixture of daily and combo posts. Thankfully, the Summer holidays aren't too far off and I'll have a little more time to myself to spend getting things done!
Monday is never a favourite day of the week for me I'm afraid; the weekend has come to an end and Friday seems so far off in the horizon. Although, today wasn't all that bad. For a Monday it was surprisingly pleasant. Don't worry! I promise I'm not coming down with something!
Today was my longest tutoring session of the week which is mainly set aside for the John Muir Award however, with my health playing up as much I haven't always been able to use the sessions for that specific reason and instead had a longer music lesson. So today's music session was rather taxing I'm not gonna lie. I played non stop for a couple of hours and needless to say my hand was ready to fall off by the end of it.
Working our way through some of my music books, we focused on 'The Rolling Stones' section and revisited 'I Can't Get No Satisfaction' which I worked on the other day. This was then followed by 'Get Off Of My Cloud', a particular favourite Rolling Stones song of mine which I remembering enjoying when I was little. The Rolling Stones are actually high up on my bucket list of bands I'd like to see in concert and I hope that one day it'll actually happen. The closest I've ever got to seeing them was at their Crossfire Hurricane premiere in London back in 2012 where I heard them being interviewed on the red carpet and saw a glimpse of Mick Jagger's head. What a claim to fame eh!? Anyway, what a great band and being able to actually play long to their music is amazing!
My tutor also suggested that we work on a Bruce Springsteen song of my choice as I'm off to see him in concert in just over a weeks time. I had a scroll through the list of Bruce songs on YouTube and decided on a more unusual track 'Spirit In The Night'. It was the first time my tutor had heard it and I think he seemed to really like it. For those of you who only really know Bruce's biggest hits as well as the 'Born In The USA'/'Born To Run' albums; it's a completely different sound for Bruce. It has more of jazz feel to it, or at least that's how I think it's best to describe it. Seriously though, if you haven't heard it before go give it a listen and let me know your thoughts!
Enough of talking about music for now. After tutoring my Grandparents joined Mum and I for lunch at TK Maxx café (the usual haunt) after bringing some more garden stuff we'd been storing at their house for quite a while now. Again, it was great to take full advantage of my new wheelchair and push myself around in TK Maxx. It's great to browse at my own free will and take myself wherever I want to go. Honestly, words cannot begin to describe just how much of a difference that makes to me and I've only had it less than week.
Following lunch, a trip to the supermarket followed suit to pick up food for tonight's dinner or we'd otherwise starve not to be too drastic or anything! My Grandad wanted to purchase a new SD card for his camera so I took him to the techy isle and helped him decide on what one to buy. I'm a bit of a camera fanatic I must admit!
The afternoon always flies by and before you know, you're sitting outside my sister's school in the car picking her up. Where does the day go?! It's always nice to get back home and have the rest of the day free to do what you like. Although, I'm usually working on something because I don't think it's physically possibly for me to sit still with nothing to do these days.
The weather has been particularly kind to us of late and today was exceptionally nice so I did manage to spend some time chilling out in the garden. It's not every day you get to eat alfresco style in Scotland so why not make the most out of it? One of our neighbour's cats has decided to adopt us for whatever reason and won't leave us alone. Seriously, wherever we live there's always a cat who wants to befriend us and this house is no exception. My Mum isn't keen on encouraging it as it'll scare the birds however, it sneaked up behind me and I couldn't help but befriend it (guilty face). Its so cute though! I just couldn't help it!
After a frantic search around the house for the missing garden hut keys we eventually came across them-phew! And I spent the rest of the evening trying to help set up a blog for my Mum. It's taking a while as we purchased a cute template from Etsy and I'm 'attempting' to install for her. I don't whether it's just me or not but it's all rather technical-we'll get there in the end! I know for a fact that Mum's blog will look fab and she'll have some really amazing pieces of artwork to share with you guys. I promise I'll let you know when it's live and ready to read!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment