Tuesday 10 May 2016

Day 6: Meetings

Good evening my friends!
Yes, it's another late upload from me tonight-I'm a night owl at heart! I wish I had a more interesting day to tell you about but let's face it, it's Monday and it's only the beginning of the week. But let's be positive about it; the countdown to Friday begins!
I am very delighted to report that Scotland was blessed with another day of much needed warmth and sunshine! We all deserve it after such a long and cold winter. It's hard to believe it was only just a couple of weeks ago that the weather forecast predicted snow! How things change eh?
Sadly, we couldn't take full advantage of the sunny spell due to the commitments of everyday life such as school for my sister and in my case, tutoring. Tutoring is always enjoyable but let's face it, I'd rather have been outside chilling in the garden. During today's music session I was learning to play 'All Over The World' by ELO on bass. We started working on it last week but soon discovered the bassline varies throughout the song so decided to only learn half and begin learning the second half today otherwise there'd be a lot for me to remember all at once. So that's what we did. It's amazing to think how much progress I've made when learning songs by ear. I used to find it extremely daunting and now it's like second nature! I love the fact that I can pick up my bass, pick any random song, work out the bass lines and jam along-words can't describe just how good it feels!
This afternoon we had a meeting with my guidance teacher from school to discuss and complete paperwork to do with my health. This for me is a little bit of a milestone in many respects as I used to get extremely worked up about talking to professionals and as you can imagine I've had to meet with so many over the years. I find it quite stressful at times. But as time's gone by I've decided to stop worrying about situations as much as I possibly can and just be completely calm and honest. And you know what? It definitely works for me! I've become more and more confident as time went on and I feel very proud of it.
Believe it or not I actually found it quite interesting going through the paperwork today and reading my history both medically and educationally. I'd forgotten so much about what I've been through and it makes me all the more determined to work hard and use what I've been through as motivation to fight and campaign for change. I also found reading all the information very useful as I really want to sit down and write a book about my life one day so all of the details are vital when putting that together. I don't know when I'll get round to it with life being so crazy these days but it's definitely a plan for the future.
Again, we spent most of the evening chilling in the garden; you really don't appreciate outdoor space until you no longer have it. We're all so grateful to finally have such a lovely house with such expanse outdoor space. It makes such a difference!
Well, it looks like that time again where I draw the post to a close. It's actually a lot loner than I thought it would be but once I start I find it hard to stop! Make sure to return tomorrow for my next post.
Goodnight world!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment