Wednesday 11 May 2016

Day 7: It's Still Sunny!?

Good Evening!
Here we go again, another late night post. That will probably change in a few days time when the weather decides to return to its usual state of grey skies and rain. Until then I'm doing my absolute best to make the most of the sunshine whilst lasts. I sound like a typical British person, constantly talking about the weather don't I? Oh well!
We dropped Laurel off at school this morning and headed straight into town as I had the morning free; tutoring on Tuesdays always take place in the afternoon. Popping into town first thing in the morning is great as it's like a ghost town; the shops are always empty and extremely quiet which is perfect for someone like myself in a wheelchair. I normally hate shopping as people bump into you, stare at you or make you feel like an inconvenience for even being in the same isle as them. That's the day in a life of a wheelchair user I'm afraid. I think everyone should be given the opportunity to use a wheelchair for at least a day and go out and about and see what lifes like from a wheelchair users perspective. Trust me, I think you'd be surprised at obstacles we face each and every day hence why I prefer to visit the town when it's quiet.
We had a browse in Primark where I picked up a couple of new tops to wear in the Summer as well as some new pyjamas as all the pairs I currently own are suited to Winter and it's far too warm to wear them in this heat! This was followed by a visit to Debenhams for a bite to eat, we always try to have something substantial in the morning as making time for lunch can be rather tight when I have tuition in the afternoons. And the breakfasts in Debenhams are always pretty good which is a bonus!
Back home I worked on a painting of apples that I started the other day for part of my Nat 4 in art. I'm not going to lie, I did get a little frustrated with it as I tried to get the right shades and colours-who knew just how many colours you'd need to paint an apple? It's pretty surprising! Thankfully, Mum was able to give me a bit of advice and it's definitely looking on the right track as a result so I'll be sure to finish that off in the morning.
Before long 2pm had arrived and my tutor pulled up into the driveway for my music sessions. Today's lessons was a continuation of ELO's 'All Over The World' which I pretty much completed. The bass parts vary so much throughout the song so it took a while to work it out but we got there in the end! My tutor and I are both big Prince fans so we ended up listening to some of Prince's extensive catalogue and worked out the bass line to a song called 'Jam Of The Year' that my tutor had previously told me about. I really enjoyed jamming along to it; it's such an addictive bassline to play along to! I've got it stuck in my head right this very second as I type.
We picked Laurel up from school and returned to Primark as she'd been invited to her friend's house for a water fight and to use the swimming pool and needed a swimsuit, new shorts, flip-flops etc. Let's face it, we don't get weather like this often so none us have any close to suit the occasion. The shop was so much busier compared to earlier that morning and unfortunately, I experienced staff members rudely walk out in front of me in my wheelchair on three occasions within a short period of time-not impressed! Eventually, Laurel found what she was looking for and we dropped her off at her friend's house.
Whilst she was out I continued to paint whilst Mum prepared dinner for the three of us (Dad, Mum & I). After dinner we sat out in the garden for a little while although it was a little windy so we didn't stay outside for too long. And before we knew it, it was time to pick up Laurel who had a pretty fun time by the sounds of it enjoying the pool, getting soaked during their water fight and eating some delicious homemade Thai food; I can't help but feel a little jealous hehe!
So that brings us to now, I'm currently fighting with my eyes trying to avoid nodding off. Could you imagine me falling asleep with my laptop on my knee? What a laugh!
Speak soon!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment