Saturday 30 April 2016

Song of the Month April 2016

It's the end of April already-how did that happen?! I'm telling you, this year is going in so quickly! Well we all know what happens at the end of each month here on 'The Hat Hippie'. Yep, that's right I pick a song of the month to share with you all. Sometimes it's a more recent song and sometimes it's a wee blast from the past but what they all have in common is that it's a song that I love and hope that you guys love just as much.
As you all already know one of my favourite musicians Prince sadly passed away just over a week ago and needless to say I am absolutely gutted. So I've decided to pick one of his incredible songs as April's Song of the Month. Although, picking just one song was pretty difficult-maybe I'll do a Top 10 Prince songs at some point in future.
Anyway, I can now reveal that the Song of the Month is......

'Let's Go Crazy' by Prince


I've specifically chosen a live version of this song performed by Prince and his band 3rd Eye Girl in Manchester back in early 2014 because this was just a short period of time before I saw Prince live. The original is amazing but I recently found this video again and thought it would be the perfect song choice this month. 
Watching it brought back great memories of the Glasgow gig I attended back in 2014 where Prince and his band opened the show with this particular arrangement. It has a more rockier vibe compared to the original studio recording and sounded amazing live. This was actually the first Prince song I learned to play along to on bass just weeks before the show. I remember sitting there in the audience that night playing the bassline in my head as I watched. I came across the footage on YouTube the other day as I hadn't seen it for quite a while; I had shivers watching it and couldn't help but smile!
I totally recommend checking out this version as well as the original. Both are amazing! Enjoy everyone!

Until next month,
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment