Friday 27 May 2016

Day 20 & 21: New Radio Slot!

Hello! Hello! Hello!
It's been yet another busy couple of days so without further ado let's get started shall we!?
Yesterday (all my troubles seemed so far away-sorry I just couldn't help it!), was to some degree a non eventful day as we didn't have the normal get up, eat breakfast, get dressed and take Laurel to school routine due to the fact that Laurel has come down with a sore throat. As much as I feel sorry for Laurel who's poorly, it was on the other hand pretty nice to get an extra long lie in my beloved bed until around 10am. It was around then when I slowly dragged myself out of bed and into the living room. I had a little time to spare before my art tutor arrived early in the afternoon so got my artwork out and continued working on it. Like I said in a previous post, I'm currently working on a collage piece so it's not the most natural thing to me. Give me a paint brush and a pen any day and you're on a winner! I decided I didn't feel confident enough to add anything else to the piece until my tutor arrived as I've grown up with the philosophy that "less is more" so instead opted to use my watercolour pencils to add a little colours to some of the black and white images already in the collage. That however, was like second nature to me.
At that point I felt like I was at a dead end and didn't have a clue where to take my work. It was nowhere near complete, that's for sure! However, my tutor arrived and worked her magic and within a short period of time helped me completely transform it using watercolours and a gradient technique in the background. It's amazing how different it now looks!
Afterwards, I made a start on preparation for my radio show the following day. I like to have notes and a list of songs that help give me a rough basis for my show. Although, it normally develops and changes depending upon how I feel, what's happening in the world or sometimes I hear a song on the radio and think 'Oh! I think I might play that this week!'. I love the fact that I've become confident enough on radio to be able to do that. And just like every other night I sit down with my laptop to work on my Blog and edit my a little more of my radio interview.
So Thursday (yesterday); the busiest day of the week came and went. My tutor arrived at the usual time for my bass lesson and again, we revisited the last song I'd been working on 'Ruby Tuesday' by The Rolling Stones. I absolutely love jamming to that song-it's so much fun! I also started learning to play 'Under My Thumb' which was good but for whatever reason there was one note I kept playing a little longer than required. However, I'll persist with it until I get it right so wish me luck!
The mad Thursday rush soon pursued as I got organised to head out the door to make my way to 3TFM in time for my show. So a quick bite of lunch was in order as well as organised the CDs and note required during the show. 
When I arrived at the station, I received the exciting news that from Thursday 9th June onwards, I'll be changing shifts and will instead be hosting an evening show which I'd been hoping to eventually progress to. So next Thursday will be my last one o'clock slot and then it'll be the start of a new chapter! I have lots of ideas for my show that would work best in the evenings so it'll be great to finally put them into action. Ironically, I aired my first ever live radio show almost a exactly a year to date on the 11th of June so it'll be an anniversary show in many respects too. If you're about on the 9th, be sure to tune in and join me!
My show went pretty well which is always a good thing for me, the presenter. There's nothing worse than when a technical issues arises hehe! But that's showbiz for you I suppose! The show had a particularly good playlist if I do say so myself. And of course it was the fabulous Stevie Nicks' birthday so I had to play one of her songs as you all know how much I admire her. So Stevie, if you're reading this (if only!) I wish you the most amazing Birthday!
On route back home, Mum and I did the weekly supermarket shop and stopped for a quick refreshment in the cafĂ© beforehand as I usually need something cold to clear my throat as I talk too much! Once back home we unpacked the shopping (everybody hates that job!) and put it away. Nothing exciting really!
Laurel has decided to go vegetarian and has been trying various vegetarian foods lately. Somehow, without thinking I've been followed suit to some degree and have eaten very little meat during the past couple of weeks. I am by no manner or means a vegetarian; I know for a fact I'd struggle facing a roast chicken and not being able to eat it. That would be my worst nightmare. Anyway, the long and the short of what I was about to say is; we both tried these amazing Mexican bean burgers from Sainsbury's with homemade sweet potato chips and salad and it was absolutely delicious! The burgers are definitely worth a try folks!
And just like every other night this week I ended the evening watching Britain's Got Talent, I can't quite believe we're almost at the end of this year's series! It's seriously flown in! At the same time I was working away on my laptop attempting to set up my Mum's art blog. I'm going to show how her to upload her posts etc and then she'll be able to start writing so I'll be sure to let you all know when it's live. You're going to love her work, she's an amazing artist!
I also order an exciting parcel, the contents of it will come in handy particularly over the next couples of weeks. I can't wait to try the mystery item out and use it here on the world of the internet. I really should have ordered it earlier but never got round to it, I was a little worried about whether it would arrive on time as it's a bank holiday this weekend and I really need it ASAP. So I decided to pay a little extra for one day delivery so providing all goes well, it should arrive on Saturday-here's hoping!
Anyway, I better go for now folks!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment