Thursday 12 May 2016

Day 9: Thursdays at 3TFM

Good Evening Everyone! This post is a little earlier than the usual upload time that I've become accustomed to during the past few days so I'm pretty delighted that I managed to sit down and get it written a little earlier. The sun continues to shine here in Scotland although I do believe it's to get a little cooler, I can't say I'm too chuffed about that but what can we do?
Thursdays are by far the busiest day in the week for us; I usually have music tuition in the morning, followed by an early lunch, then heading straight up to 3TFM for my weekly show and then back home to pick Laurel up from school. It's crazy normally!
In today's music lesson my tutor and I decided to use sheet music from some of the music books I own as it's important to not only be able to play by ear but to actually be able to read music. Flicking through the books we took note of all the songs I'd already learned to play and eventually decided upon playing 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic' by The Police. I've been listening to their music a lot of late-they got some great songs! We also did some work on ukulele which I've been learning as a side instrument. Fortunately, I've got the gist of it fairly quickly probably due to the fact that I used to play guitar when I was younger. It's great when we bring out the uke and my tutor plays along on bass so it becomes like a mini jam session which is always fun!
Like I said earlier on, a quick lunch was in order accompanied by a rush around the house as I threw on some makeup, (I'm getting pretty good at applying it quickly these days!) and organised CDs that I needed for today's show. I had a rough idea of which songs I planned on playing but that usually changes throughout the show. Each show is surprisingly unpredictable when you think about it; you never know what might happen.
When arrived at 3TFM, Chris was live on air and Kevin was manning the studio phone lines; it's always a good laugh behind the scenes in the studio. Today's discussion was about Kevin's rather large DVD collection, my answer was 'well I don't have a huge DVD collection but my CD/Vinyl collection is certainly getting there!'
Today's show went pretty well; I received a good few text requests which are always greatly appreciated! The time seriously flies in when I'm on air because I love it so much! It was also great to see Frank, a fellow presenter back in the studio today and hear how he was doing. I'm still so grateful for this amazing opportunity and can't get over the fact that I'm only seventeen and have my own radio show!
Fast forward to picking Laurel up from school where we immediately went to Sainbury's to get the weekly shop. The radio was on in the background as always and I think I may have gave my Mum a fright as shrieked when I heard a familiar tune begin to play. Yes, that would Fleetwood Mac's 'The Chain'-love that song! Fleetwood Mac songs keep playing wherever I go these days, it's the fifth time that's happened in two weeks! I can't believe it's almost a year since I saw them, the time has flown in!
I don't know about you but on warms days like today my family and I enjoy particular types of food; things that aren't too heavy usually. So tonight mini baked potatoes were on the menu with prawn cocktail and salad-I've not had that in ages so it made a nice change! Mmmm!
Although it's been a busy day, it's been a pretty good day too! I have something exciting in the pipeline that I can't wait to share with you guys so I've also been a little excited about that today! It won't be too long until I tell you more about it but until then I'll keep you guessing! Oh, I'm so mean aren't I?
Well, it's already half eleven so I guess this post will be up just as late as every other day-oops! I thought I might have it finished and uploaded early for once but who am I kidding?! I come alive at this time of night and feel so much more inspired. Anyway, I really ought to go!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment