Saturday 7 May 2016

Day 4: Ice Cream & Nature

Hello Guys!
How are you all doing today? Scotland has returned to its normal self; the sky is dull, it's a little chilly and it's raining-nothing new there is there? And unfortunately my knee/leg always plays up in such conditions so I'm not going to lie, I don't feel my absolute best today.
We did however manage a wee visit to Vanilla Joe's, a fairly new ice cream parlour in Irvine that has become ever so popular. I've heard of people catching the train to Irvine just to go there so that says it all really. The ice cream is amazing-so creamy and flavoursome! There is always a nice selection of flavours to try although I'm never very adventurous and always tend to stick to what I know which is usually a tub of strawberry or chocolate ice cream-I'd completely recommend both flavours by the way! There is however more adventurous flavours such as Reese's (you know, the American candy), Tablet, Mint Choc Chip, Ferrero Rocher and today, they there was a Darth Vader ice cream (don't have a clue what that'll taste like but I'm sure Star Wars fan will love it!). But honestly, if you're in the Irvine area it's definitely worth a visit!
We sat in the car at Irvine harbour and I couldn't help but be entertained by the seagulls. Due to it being so stormy the sea was rather choppy pulling the seagulls in backwards motion as they swam. There was also a couple of cute pigeons that approached the side of car and whenever we spoke to them they'd tilt their heads side to side as they intelligently listened to you.
I absolutely love birds and animals; they never fail to make me smile! They are so intelligent and make some of the best friends you could ever ask for. I've had hamsters as pets since I was eight years old roughly and I couldn't ask for better pets. Each little creature has their own individual personality and little quirks. You seriously wouldn't believe me if I told you some of the stories about my hamsters! It honestly makes me so angry when I hear about animals being mistreated and breaks my heart when I see programmes about it on television. People should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for treating innocent little creatures in such manners; animal can't speak and stand up for themselves so we should always stand up against it if we ever witness such vulgar activity. There's just no excuse for it!
Anyway, we took a wee trip to Troon harbour to see if there were any seals. Today, we were lucky and there was one maybe even two; it's hard to tell if it's the same one or not though. On previous occasions there could have perhaps been around four. They usually hang around where the fishing boats dock in hope of catching some unwanted fish. Again, they are such beautiful creatures and it's always a pleasure to watch them in their natural habitat (I suppose trying to scrounge some extra fish from docked boats counts, right?). Sadly, they were too far away to snap a decent photo of on my iPod-I really need to take my actual camera down there one day and try get a couple of pics! I did manage to get a couple of pics of the harbour as well as my sister Laurel and I so I'll post them here.
Britain's Got Talent is calling my name so I'll love ya and leave ya for now. If you've been watching the show this year let me know who your favourite act has been so far; my favourite would have to be the little girl who sang 'Defying Gravity' from Wicked. I love that song anyway but that girl was incredible, she could easily have walked straight onto the Victoria Apollo stage in London and played the role of Elphaba right there and then. A very talented young lady! Have a great night everyone!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment