Sunday 15 May 2016

Day 11: Happy Saturday

What on earth am I doing? The Eurovision is currently on and I'm not going to lie it is a bit cheesy but it is what it is. Although, it get's worse! Jaws 4: The Revenge was on earlier and I'd never seen it before; I can't understand why they even bothered to make it! The ending was so quick and awful, no offence!
It's Saturday! Woop! Woop! A much needed lie in was in order this morning although I did get up at a fairly reasonably time just in case the post man arrived with a parcel Mum had been waiting to allow her to do a few bits and bobs.
Sadly, it's become a lot cooler here in Scotland although the sun still shines so I won't complain too much. However, the weather was still nice enough to sit outside in the garden even if I did wear a jacket, Dr Martens boots, a hat (Surprise! Surprise!) and eventually wrapped an old towel round me as I was cold. What a sight!
Like I said yesterday, I've got plenty to do this weekend so my notebook accompanied me into the garden as I worked on ideas for something that cannot yet be revealed. My Dad found it quite amusing that I was using an Audrey Hepburn notebook, tormenting me that I was only 50 per cent posh. Firstly, it was the first notebook I came across and secondly, I am a big fan of Audrey Hepburn! I have a fascination with old Hollywood actresses and actors; I love the glamour and sophistication. There's something very special about it!
At some point every weekend we usually have takeaway for dinner; tonight we decided on Chinese. We're extremely lucky to have a brilliant Chinese takeaway just a few minutes drive from our house, although it's almost too close. I'm not as adventurous with food as I once was so ordered my favourite: Singapore chow mien which always tastes amazing! Mum and Laurel had vegetable spring rolls and Dad made something from scratch (I'm not even going to attempt trying to spell or describe it so I'll let your imagination do the talking!)
My Mum and Grandad had popped out to our local Dobbie's Garden Centre the other day and purchased an array of gorgeous new plants for our garden. Mum created a display of the flowers around our new garden hut with a cute lantern to bring it all together. My sister Laurel and I were sitting chatting whilst my Mum was on the phone and Laurel came up with the idea of using it as a background for photographs. So Laurel took a few photos of me with a vintage boho theme and in turn, I took a few for Laurel. I'm quite pleased with the results even though they were taken on my iPod.
Laurel and Dad headed off into the house as they were too cold leaving Mum and I as the last ones standing. I like to try and hold out for as long as I possibly can despite the fact that my hands were like ice. Eventually, I decided to give in and go back inside for a hot water bottle to heat myself up whilst forcing Dad to watch Britain's Got Talent. I can't believe it's almost time for the live finals! It feels like not long ago since I was excited about Saturday Night Takeaway beginning back in February! The year is seriously flying by!
And that brings us to the present moment; The Eurovision winner has been announced, congratulations to Ukraine! It's after midnight so I'm going to bid you farewell and try and get a few things done before I head to bed. Like I said before for whatever reason, I feel most inspired at night. Perhaps it's because it's so peaceful? What I do know is I get things done and that's all that really matters.
Speak soon my friends!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment