Sunday 22 May 2016

Day 16 & 17: It's The Weekend!

It's the weekend again! I've decided I'm going to combine Friday and Saturday's posts again due to the fact that I'm still catching up on things. Yes I know; excuses, excuses! Honestly, May and June are always the busiest months in the year for me or at least it's been that way during the past couple of years.
Yesterday (Friday) was a rather ordinary day to be honest, nothing very exciting to report I'm afraid. Well apart from a visit into town in the morning and a coffee in Costa before heading back home and passing time that I really couldn't afford to loose pottering around in my room. I suppose you could say I was making my bed and putting on a little makeup to cover up my ghost like face. But if the truth be known I was tired from staying up late to watch Bruce Springsteen's live stream at Rock in Rio Lisbon the previous night. Before I knew it, it was almost twelve o'clock and had around half a hour to spare before my tutor was due to arrive. By this point Mum had put lunch in the oven so I quickly ate that and got my art stuff out and continued working on it until my tutor came.
We're working on a collage type thing as a final piece although, I wouldn't exactly say collages are my forte. I'm much better with a paint brush and pencils, it feels a lot more natural to me. Then again when you're doing a Nat 4 in art I suppose you have to show examples of varies types of media which I've done and like everyone else there's definitely some materials I prefer to use than others.
As I sit here writing this, I'm actually attempting to wrack my brains and remember what else happened yesterday yet nothing seems to spring to mind. It really was one of those boring days to be completely honest. To be honest, I spent most of the evening working away on my laptop trying to catch up and actually get things done.
Saturday, is one of the best day of the week in my opinion! I managed to actually have a long lie for once until around mid day. I hate being so lazy but the extra sleep seriously did me the world of good! That's what's great about weekends; you can catch up on sleep, leisurely get up and just take things slowly-bliss!
Mum, Laurel and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch before Dad arrived home from work in the afternoon to watch the football which everyone seemed to be watching. Well at least that's what it seemed like according to my Facebook page-I don't have a clue about it to be honest!
Us girls decided to head out into town for a coffee and to do some birthday present shopping for my sister's friends who all seem to be born in June. I'm not much of a shopper unless it involves music or vintage shops but it was still nice to have a wee look round. My sister picked up some lovely things for her friends which I they'll absolutely love! I'd tell you more but seeing as the internet is a very public place, I better not! I don't think my Sister would be too chuffed at me if I gave it away and one of her friends saw it.
We were pretty disappointed to see that Store 21, one of the shops we often pop into as we like the home wear department is closing down. Didn't see that one coming! It was a little strange going inside to see what was on sale an area filled with Christmas decorations as well as Christmas jumpers that they're trying to sell off. The reductions were pretty good but honestly, there's nothing more bizarre than going into a shop near the end of May and seeing Christmas things everywhere. And to top it all off a kid had found one of those musical ornaments and all I could hear was Christmas carols-don't quite know how to feel about that! It was definitely a weird experience.
Dinner time was drawing near as we left the town centre and I think we were all becoming rather hungry so paid our favourite Chinese Takeaway a visit to order a Saturday night treat. Again, I had my favourite Singapore chow mein which was rather delicious! And of course to top it all off, sitting down to watch Britain's Got Talent is always the highlight of my Saturday night! Oh, what a sad life I have! But let's face it; it's all a bit of good old fashioned fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment