Saturday 28 May 2016

Song of The Month May 2016

Well, it's that time of the month again where I pick a Song of The Month to share with you guys here on my blog. It's always a difficult decision as they are so many amazing songs out there and being a music geek it's a tricky decision narrowing it down to just one. But somehow I have. So I can now reveal that May's Song of The Month is.............................

Waitin' On A Sunny Day by Bruce Springsteen


As I'm sure I've mentioned on at least a few occasions now, I'm off to see Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band live in Glasgow this week (Wednesday 1st June!) and I am so excited! This will be my third Bruce concert and my first time seeing him in my home country of Scotland. Naturally, I've been gearing up for the gig by listening to his music and also throwing a few of his songs in here and there during my weekly radio show.
Bruce has so many amazing songs however, I decided to choose "Waitin' On A Sunny Day". It's a great song and I love hearing it performed live. Usually, Bruce picks a kid in the audience to sing it with him which is beyond cool and the atmosphere is always absolutely amazing! So here's hoping we'll be blessed with a sunny day in Glasgow this Wednesday and that Bruce might perform it live! But I'll keep you posted with everything that happens at the gig in a future blog post so keep an eye out for that!
In the meantime, enjoy listening to this fabulous tune and be sure to let me know if you're catching Bruce live in the next couple of weeks and what your favourite Bruce song is!

Until next month!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I saw him 3 years ago and he played Born In The USA live for the first time in years. Enjoy the gig :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! Saw him at Wembley Stadium 3 years ago too! Brilliant artist-can't wait to see him again!

      Delete