Thursday 30 June 2016

Day 32: School's Out For Summer!

At long last I'm officially on my Summer holiday from school! Words cannot describe just how great it feels to actually say that! The schools here don't close until tomorrow (Wednesday) however, I had my last tutoring sessions this afternoon so it doesn't affect me which means I gain an extra day off! It's been a very long term; in fact it's been a long year in many respects so to have actually made it to the finishing line feels amazing! Seven whole weeks of peace and quite, long lies and generally having more time to myself is complete and utter bliss!
And when the schools return in August I'll be on a countdown to June next year when I officially leave school forever and my goodness am I ready for it! It's been along few years since I started in primary one, so much has happened since then it's actually quite frightening when you think about it! But leaving school next year will be the start of a new chapter for me which I'm really excited to explore!
But in the meantime I have seven weeks to enjoy and set out on a few adventures (I hope!). I'm on the final countdown until I head off on holiday. It'll be great to head off somewhere pretty cool and no doubt there will be lots to write about as a result, I was even planning on filming a little of what I get up to when I'm out and about!
You may remember me writing about Mum and I's "Magical Mystery Tour" a few weeks ago as we set out to Haye's Garden Centre for breakfast after we dropped Laurel off at school one morning. The road was closed and there was diversion which by the way was badly signed post. As a result I encouraged Mum to follow the few diversion signs supposedly heading on an alternative route taking us where we wanted to go. However, we soon discovered NEVER to trust me with directions as you'll end up on a road in the middle of the nowhere driving round the countryside for an hour-what an adventure!
Well, today we decided to attempt it once again, this time Mum warned me that if we came across any road closures and diversion signs, we'll turn back immediately an alternative route that we already know Somehow I don't think I'll be trusted ever again haha!
You'll be pleased to know that we made it to Hayes in one piece without any disturbances-phew! The bacon roll and empire biscuit was totally worth the wait, it was absolutely delicious! We had a wander round the shop itself which is filled to the brim with fabulous gifts, home accessories etc. And of course there's garden furniture and plants seeing as it's a garden centre after all!
Our garden is currently playing host to what feels like every bird in the local area. Whenever we put bird food out you're lucky if there's a crumb or two left over the following day. So we made it a priority to stock up on bird food to keep our little feathered friends happy.
I spent the entire morning counting the hours until my tutor arrived at two o'clock for my final music session of the term. When he arrived we spent the lesson flicking through the new books that I'd picked out at the music shop yesterday.  We made a start on sheet music from one of the books and began practicing  'More Than A Feeling' by Boston which I plan on consolidating over the duration of the Summer holidays. A typical bass practice for me could last anywhere up to four hours (sometimes more) if you let me away with it particularly during the Summer when I have more time on my hands. I get caught up in the music and easily loose track of time.
Eventually, the moment I'd been patiently waiting on for weeks (months even) finally arrived and I was officially on holiday! What a relief! There was just a short time between tutoring and picking up Laurel so we thought we'd order pizza for a treat so I quickly re-downloaded the Domino's app; I don't know why I bother deleting it as I always end up downloading it again! We sent in and scheduled our order so we could collect it on route home from picking Laurel up. Back home we tucked in to our pizzas hoping that all evidence would have disappeared before Dad got home. Dad initially was going to attempt making pizza from scratch but decided to try it out for himself first as we'd all moan if it didn't turn out properly so we said we'd get something else for tea. However the temptation of a Domino's pizza became too much especially when they had such great deals on. Unfortunately, Dad arrived home from work before we'd finished and managed to scadge a slice from my box.
So that brings us to the end of the day, for once it was nice to stay up late without worrying about having to get up early in the morning! What a relief! Anyway, pop back soon to hear all about what I get up to during the first day of the Summer holidays!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment