Sunday 19 June 2016

Day 29: Domino's For Dinner!

It's Saturday my favourite day of the week! Who doesn't love a Saturday? I'm sitting here in the dark (as always haha!) listening to a playlist of all my favourite Beatles tracks celebrating Paul McCartney's birthday. Happy Birthday to Paul one of the greatest musicians, singers and songwriters ever in my opinion!
We had a pretty quiet day, although after the week we've had I think it was much needed! The races and The Holy Fair I believe were on today so it was hardly worth the hassle of fighting the traffic in town. Instead, I had a long lie in my cosy bed this morning although that came to a sudden halt when I realised the time. As much as I enjoy a lie in, I don't like wasting the day lying in my bed even though I might not be doing anything special. It reminds me too much of being hospital for my liking. Even when I was in hospital I'd be begging the nurses to give me permission to get up (less than twenty hours following major surgery might I add) as I hated being confined to my bed.I was a determined young girl!
Mum made us a delicious fry-up as a weekend treat for brunch. After washing my hair I popped on my CD player in my room and enjoyed listening to some great tunes whilst I applied makeup to hide my pale face (I look like a ghost!) and attempted to create beach waves using sea salt spray I purchased a while ago. I used to have an ash blonde bob of bouncy curls when I was little which turned a mousey blonde colour and sadly the curls grew out as I grew older. In more recent years my hair began to develop a red tinge so I decided to just go red entirely. Nowadays I curl my hair using the BaByliss Curl Secret or pleat it using a sea salt sprat to create beach waves to get create a little bounce. I do love my red hair but I sometimes wish I could have blonde curls again. Oh we're just never happy are we!?
Eventually, I decided to join my Mum who was in process of cutting the grass in the garden as the sun had actually returned. Despite the sunshine, I didn't last outside for long as there was a cool breeze and I can't stand the cold air touching my skin. I'm a bit of a wimp to be honest!
I think I was sitting doing what I'm doing right this very second; blogging of course, when Mum finished up in the garden. Somehow the time had flown in and four o'clock was approaching. Dad was working a little later than usual due to the races being on so we decided to order takeout for Dinner. We hadn't had pizza for ages so a good old Domino's was in order. I downloaded the app which I'd previously deleted as the storage on my iPod was almost full so we could put in our order for collection. The app allows you to create a custom pizza which means we can have whatever toppings we fancy. I  know it sounds strange but I absolutely hate cheese so this makes life so much easier as I can specifically order pizza without it.
Anyway, we went out to collect our order and returned home a short while later with the pizza boxes in hand. How come whenever you don't have something for a while it tastes all the more amazing!? It was seriously so good!
Does anyone else think that Saturday night TV is absolutely rubbish nowadays!? It's currently in the midst of that gap between Britain's Got Talent and X Factor where there's nothing decent to watch or at least that's what I think. I'm afraid I'm one of those people who enjoys those sort of TV shows; my Dad on the other hand hates them. He's in his element that we're not subjecting him to such torture as he sees it.
So until Dad finished work I think Mum and Laurel watched one of the Twilight films if I remember right. I on the other hand attempted to catch up on writing one of the various blog posts I have in mind for the coming weeks.
Before heading off to bed Laurel and I wrapped up our Father's Day gifts and wrote our card. Okay, Laurel did. I took the paper, scissors and tape through to my room with the plans of wrapping up after I finished blogging. Eventually, I got round to wrapping and fell asleep on top of my duvet a short while later with my makeup still on-oops! I woke up a few hours later at 4am, it was light outside, the birds were beginning to sing and there I was half asleep with my teeth to brush and makeup to remove. I really need to do all of the above a little earlier so that doesn't happen again.
So what will tomorrow bring my friends? Pop back soon to find out! In the meantime, I hope you had a great Saturday no matter what you did!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment