Tuesday 21 June 2016

Day 30: Father's Day 2016

Yesterday (Sunday 20th June) was Father's Day here in the UK and I believe it was also Father's Day in the US although I'm not 100% sure on that one. As I said in my previous blog from Saturday I was up late wrapping up my gift for Dad with Laurel. Well, seeing as Father's Day is over now it doesn't really matter if I tell you what I got him now. My Dad's got a bit of thing about HD television and Blu-Ray these days, I on the other hand really don't get all the fuss, I watch TV once every blue moon! He's been collecting Blu-Ray DVDs for his new Blu-Ray player and there was one in particular he wanted, the name however currently escapes my mind. I think it was to do with martial but I really don't have a clue so I decided to get him that which went down pretty well.
We headed out of the house in the early afternoon to visit our Grandparents to deliver my Mum and Dad's Father's Day gifts and cards. We visited my Grandparents on my Dad's side first and I had a mini feast munching on the sausage rolls my Gran made for us all to munch on. I don't know why but I've been so hungry during the past couple of days much to everyone's amusement because it's so unlike me as my pain levels always affect my appetite. I'm guessing it's probably to do with it being a little warmer which always has a positive affect of my condition. Anyway, I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts!
Next, we headed off to my other Grandparent's on my Mum's side taking another route as one of the roads were closed. Is it just me or are there roads closed everywhere these days!? On our detour of the countryside we passed my old nursery school which I really don't remember much of and coming into the area where my other Grandparent's live we also passed my first primary school which I left around nine years ago when we moved house-it's scary how time flies by!
My Gran had recorded a bunch of music documentaries on Sky Arts for me over the past few days including the Isle of Wight Festival highlights which featured The Who although I'm more excited to see the following day's highlights as Queen are performing and I'm a huge fan! There was also a documentary about Top Of The Pops which got me thinking again about how much the industry has changed nowadays and sadly, we don't have shows like TOTP to enjoy anymore. I could rant about the music industry for hours on end, it's been something that I've been thinking about rather a lot and have written a post on it which I intend on uploading at some point in the not so distant future.
There was also an hour long interview with Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac which I absolutely engrossed in. He performed a couple of their acoustic songs which immediately gave me shivers just like they do when I heard Fleetwood Mac perform them live. I'm seriously having major withdrawals; it's been over a year since I met Mick and Stevie and it's almost been a year since I last attended one of their gigs so I'm ever so hopeful that the increasing rumours of them heading out on tour next year are true as I'm seriously desperate!
We placed an order for delivery with one of the local Chinese takeaways for dinner although they initially estimated it would take an hour before they could deliver it as it's such a busy shop. At that point I was glad that I'd munched on those sausage rolls earlier as it kept me going when everyone else was pretty ravenous! However, the delivery arrived a little earlier than expected much to everyone's delight.
As always I ordered my favourite dish Singapore chow mien however this one was significantly spicier than the one I order from the Chinese takeout at home. Gosh, my mouth, throat and lips were on fire! It was so hot! Although, I still managed to work my way through it as it was extremely delicious!
Back home I spent time creating a whole host of new content for my blog. For whatever reason I had a sudden surge of inspiration and within the space of a few hours managed to write four blog posts and could easily have written a few more. Though deep down I knew I had an early rise the next morning and a trip to Glasgow for a medical appointment so really, a late night wouldn't be the most sensible of ideas. That's the most I've written in a long time so I'm really chuffed with myself and I hope you enjoy reading what I've written when it finally goes live! Hopefully the creative surge will hang 'round for a while so I can get at least a few more post written whilst I'm 'in the zone'. 
Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely Sunday celebrating Father's Day's! My Dad completely milked the fact that it was Father's Day and completely took advantage of winding me up in everyway possible but I can give as good as I get I must admit. I'm well able for myself-you know how it is! But I love him really (mutters quietly!).
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment