Wednesday 15 June 2016

Day 27: Don't Take Directions From Me!

Hello There!
It's Tuesday! One more day into the week, one day closer to the weekend and one day even closer to the summer holidays! Words can't describe just how excited I am for Summer; the sooner it comes the better!
I'm currently waiting on my video blog from Bruce Springsteen's Hamden Park concert to upload to YouTube. I've edited the thumbnail to add in once it's uploaded so that's one more thing ticked off the to do list. Whilst I'm waiting I thought I would nip onto my blog and actually write for once. I've been slacking this past week or so although it has been pretty busy and I can only do so much before I nod off with my head in my laptop-no I'm not joking! That seriously has happened before!
Well today was rather interesting to say the least. When we dropped Laurel off at school Mum and I decided we'd pay a visit to Hayes Garden Centre mainly for a visit to the café there as they make the most amazing bacon rolls (and empire biscuits!). So we took the usual trek through the country roads (we much prefer the countryside in comparison to the motorway). I think we fell in love with the countryside when we lived in Dunure and Laurel and I also went to school there for a period of time. I also really love wildlife so any excuse for a drive through the country we'll happily take!
Anyway, just a short distance from the turnoff for Hayes we saw the dreaded red sign reading 'Road Closed'-not what you want to see when you're so close to your desired destination. We decided to take the diverted route and it seemed to be taking us in the wrong direction to where we wanted to go. But of course the bold Robyn encourages Mum to keep going because 'it's a diversion, it'll eventually take us where we need to be'. Haha! Yeah right Rob! We approached a sign for 'Trains Nursery' which is another garden centre and somehow the name clicked with me and seemed familiar. I pointed this out to Mum and said 'let's go there instead then'. Before long we soon discovered it only sold plants (fair enough) and there was no café! Turns out I recognised the name from when my Grandad went there to buy some new trees.
So back on the road again for us! We followed a sign directing us back to the town we live in however as we soon discovered it leads to the busiest roundabout in the area from the worst direction to access it might I add! Mum saw another turnoff which would also take us to where we need to go but again, I encouraged her to go in the other direction. Me and my big mouth! A word of advice; never listen to my directions-you'll get nowhere! My Mum can testify to that! An hour later we reached our town and just decided to call it a day and head to Debenhams instead and grab some breakfast there. Laurel put it in a nutshell when Mum told her about our antics later in the day 'Mum there's a reason why she's wearing that tacky tourist hat and not a pilot's hat'-very true however, I don't appreciate you mocking my hats Laurel!
Turns out Debenhams café didn't open until 10am today which probably wasn't the best of news as we both were more than ready for a bit to eat after our magical mystery tour. But what could we do!? So we had to drag ourselves around the beauty department for a browse (such a shame!) and had a chat with one of the ladies who works at Urban Decay, one of my very favourite makeup brands! By the time we'd work our way round the beauty department, café was open for business and we finally could get something to eat! At last!
My tutor arrived this afternoon at 2pm for my music sessions and within no time he had me jamming along to 'Come Together' by The Beatles. That was one of the first Beatles songs I ever heard. As a little girl I knew songs like 'Twist n' Shout', 'Drive My Car', 'Here Comes The Sun' and 'Hey Jude' but at the time it never really clicked in my head who was actually singing them. Anyway, it's a pretty amazing song and to actually be able to play it is quite something!
We picked Laurel up from school a little while later and popped into Sainsbury's for a few bits and bobs for our dinner because due to our little detour we didn't get a chance to visit the supermarket any earlier. But apart from that, that's as exciting as my day really got. I've really just spent the evening chilling out for once watching a few YouTube videos with Laurel, adding the finishing touches to my Bruce Springsteen vlog and finally getting round to writing this post.
But until tomorrow,
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment