Monday 25 April 2016

The Hat Hippie Presents 'Faux-Chella'

It's that time of year when thousands flock to Coachella to enjoy music and make memories with friends. In spirit of festival season TickPick got in contact with me and asked if I'd like to create my own dream Faux-Chella line-up to get you all in the mood. TickPick is a no-fee marketplace where you can bag tickets to some of the hottest concerts and live events in town at great prices! To visit their website and see what tickets you can find click here. Now, I'm not going to lie but trying to decide on just ten bands/artists to complete my Faux-Chella line-up was surprisingly difficult. There are so many great artists out there to choose from so the festival could easily go on for days if you let me away with it. Eventually, I did in fact come to a conclusion and this is what I decided:
I've chosen Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney and Queen and Adam Lambert as my headliners. In recent years I've been lucky enough to see all three acts live and have raved about them for weeks following each gig, in fact I'm still going on about them to be honest! All three bands are incredible live, each have a catalogue filled with an endless amount of hits and certainly know how to get the crowd going! They're all unique in their own special way and their music brings people together hence why they're a must for my headlining acts at Faux-Chella!
As you all know I love older music (although I don't see it as old; music is music and should never be judged by age, all that really matters is that it sounds good!) but I thought I'd throw in a more recent band who's music I've been loving lately and that is Coldplay! They're new album 'Adventure of a Lifetime is brilliant-there's so many great songs in there! I've never seen them live but I think they're the type of band that would be a great addition to a festival line-up and I'm sure many of you would agree!
This is followed by Wet Wet Wet who I recently saw in concert and thought they were brilliant! They're gig was so much fun; the atmosphere was great, the band were amazing and the music had everyone up on their feet singing and dancing along! What more could you possibly ask for?! So I think they would make a great addition to the line-up!
The Jacksons come next; they're without a doubt another great band with a music catalogue filled to the brim with hit songs. A completely different style from the other bands I've chosen but I thought it would be great to change things up a little and bring a little bit of the RnB/Disco vibe to Faux-Chella. 
Up next we have The Waterboys who'd bring something completely different to the line-up yet again. In recent years I've started listening to the music and would really love to catch them in concert next time they visit Glasgow. Beside their many great songs including 'The Whole of the Moon' I'm also a big fan of their cover of Prince's 'Purple Rain' so would have to throw in a little request to add that to their Faux-Chella set. But seriously, if you haven't heard it, go look it up on YouTube. The first time I heard their version of 'Purple Rain'  on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show I was absolutely blown away! 
Next, there's Paolo Nutini who I heard perform a little bit of his set at the Isle of Wight Festival last year via radio coverage and was extremely impressed. He sounded amazing! So I thought I'd give those of you (including me!) who missed out on his festival performance last year the chance to catch him at Faux-Chella!
And last but certainly not least is Orianthi, the woman who inspired me to start learning to play guitar when I was just ten years old. Ori has performed with some of the biggest names in the music industry including Michael Jackson, Prince and Alice Cooper to name a few as well as taking centre stage and recording her own solo albums which I'm also a huge fan of! It would be an absolute honour to have her come and perform a set at 'Faux-Chella'! If you love rock, blues and guitar solos; you're bound to love Ori!
So that's it folks; that's my Faux-Chella line-up! If only I really could have my own music festival-it would be so much fun! Although, as organiser I'd probably get distracted from all of my duties and end up in the crowd watching the bands perform-who could blame me? Honestly, could you imagine having all of these amazing acts performing at the one festival?! I'd be there in a flash! There could be so much going on besides the music to get involved in as well. I'm seriously getting ahead of myself here; I've got it all arranged in my head! I just need the funding to make it happen! 
Anyway, I had so much fun creating this post! Before I go I want to say a huge thanks to TickPick for getting in contact with me and asking if I'd like to write this post! I really love getting involved in such exciting projects!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a brilliant post Robyn! I personally would love to go to your Fauxchella festival! Xx

    www.geraldineswonderfulworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank-You Geraldine! If only it were real.....would love to go too! xx

      Delete