Friday 8 July 2016

Liverpool Adventures July 2016: Finding The Beatles!


At long last I'm finally back in one of the most amazing cities I've ever been to, Liverpool of course. Some of you may remember me visiting Liverpool for the first time last year when I attended Paul McCartney's gig at The Echo Arena in May. We loved the city so much and felt so at home there so decided to return this Summer. So here I am sitting with my laptop chilling out in our hotel room looking over the docks which by the way is absolutely stunning.
Nine o'clock this morning, we set off from our home in Scotland on a road trip down south. I have a slight obsession with road trips, I just love the buzz of it all! And I quite enjoy stopping off at service stations on route-I'm a strange one that's for sure!
Tebay Service Station
Having passed the English border I thought I'd attempt an English accent to pass some time and see how long I'd could keep it going for. I'm not too bad at the accent although I did struggle saying Laurel's name. Unfortunately, it only lasted until we pulled into Tebay Services which I believe is located in the Penrith area. I was far too occupied munching on my lunch to put the effort into concentrating on my accent any longer. Following lunch we all nipped inside for a bathroom stop and Mum and Dad had a nosy in the farm shop whilst Laurel and I stood outside glued to our phones using the free Wi-Fi-might as well take full advantage of it!
Back on the road again we set off on our way to Liverpool listening to a little bit of Fleetwood Mac to keep us going. It had been a pretty smooth journey up until then that was until we hit some heavy traffic which set us back a little. Eventually, we did make it to the other side and soon enough the traffic seemed to flow at much quicker pace.
The view of Albert Dock from the hotel window
Around three o'clock (I think) we reached our destination of 'Liverpool' and found a space at Albert Dock to park the car for an hour which would give us just enough time to check into the hotel, drop off our luggage and move the car to the multi-story carpark at The Echo Arena. Growing more and more hungry we headed into the Liverpool One centre. It was here that we became frequent visitors to during our last trip. We spent a little while wandering round trying to remember how to get to Pizza Hut for a much needed bite to eat.
Pepsi!
Most of the shops had closed for the evening as it was after five already but the eateries on the upper floor were buzzing with activity. Unlike last time where we spent ages waiting on a table as it was Friday night, we were seated almost immediately which was great. Before long we'd ordered our pizzas, paid a visit to the salad bar and were munching away on some rather delicious food. It had been a while since I last dined in Pizza Hut and you can now go and get your own soft drinks and what's even better is the fact that it's unlimited! Great for someone like me who's always thirsty!
My lovely sister Laurel & I
Laurel kept us all entertained whilst snapping pictures of Mum and Dad using the Snapchat filters, the slice of toast filter was absolutely hilarious might I add!
Leisurely, we strolled back to the docklands enjoying the sunshine which seems to be avoiding Scotland since that recent warm spell a couple of weeks ago. It was rather refreshing to see it again and not downpours of rain and grey, cloudy skies. The docks are beautiful anyway but are all the more stunning in nice weather!
The beautiful docklands
We headed down past the Pumphouse and Maritime Museum, where Laurel and I stopped at one the cute retro ice-cream vans for an ice-cream and ice-lolly in my instance. The only problem was the chocolate on mine kept falling off it whilst I attempted to eat as Mum pushed me in my wheelchair-it certainly kept me on my toes! We crossed one of the bridges past the museum, in direction of Pier Head next to the Liver Building (pictured below). I also managed to find the newly unveiled Beatles statues which I had hoped to see at some point during our trip and snapped a geeky photograph (or two!) beside them. Although, I did feel rather small standing next to it-not that it would be difficult as I'm rather short! But I'm glad I got to see it!
The Liver Building
It was around here we decided to turn back in direction of Albert Dock and head back to the hotel to chill for the remainder of the evening. Wandering round Albert Dock we had a nosy at the shop windows and admired the breath-taking architecture of the buildings as well as the interiors within the various shops and restaurants. It seriously such a quirky area where I could happily spend ages wandering around, taking in the views and enjoying the atmosphere. I love it so much!
Back at the hotel we spent the evening chilling out and in my instance pestering everyone with the constant tapping sound of my fingers on the keyboard of my laptop as I happily type away here on my blog. I thought I would write a post each night and upload them all on some sort of scheduled basis once I return home to Scotland, so keep an eye out for them all over the next little while. So anyway, I better go get ready for bed and attempt to get some sleep so I'm up bright and breezy tomorrow morning for another busy day in Liverpool.
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment