Sunday 10 July 2016

Day 33: A Quiet Saturday

Well Hello There!
I haven't properly written a daily blog for a over a week now as I've been away however I did take my laptop with me as I couldn't possibly go without writing for a few days so be hind the scenes everyone evening I've been typing away so I could schedule and upload a bunch of posts once I arrive home. The first post about my trip to Liverpool is up already so click here to check it out!
We were planning to head to Manchester whilst we were down there but poor Laurel has taken ill with a virus so we brought her home so she could get some rest, there's seriously nothing worse than being ill far from home. Unfortunately, she still isn't feeling so great-poor soul! Hopefully, in a couple of days she'll be back to her usual self though!
It's not been the most eventful of days to be honest although, I could do with a quiet few days after all the sheer excitement of being a complete and utter Beatles geek. Liverpool seriously brings the worst out in me-in a good way though!
I literally got up out of my cosy cocoon of a bed and stared into space for a while sitting on the sofa trying to convince myself that drinking my smoothie might actually be a good idea. I really am not much of a morning person whatsoever even if it is the Summer holidays. It didn't help that I did my usual party trick last night; Mum and I went to bed quite late as we were watching something on TV and I nodded off pretty quickly. The only problem was I nodded off on top of my duvet; the cushions were still set out neatly where I'd left them earlier in the day and I hadn't removed my makeup-way to go Rob! I came to around 2am and realised this was the case so popped all my cushions down at the bottom of my bed and decided to have a rest for a further couple of seconds before heading to the bathroom to removed my makeup. Bad idea! Next thing I knew, it was 3am and I had fallen asleep AGAIN! I quickly scurried through to the bathroom, did my teeth, removed my makeup and finally cuddled into my bed once and for all. So I'm guessing that's why I was as sleepy this morning. Oh well! That wasn't the first time it had happened to me either and I'm guessing it probably won't be the last either; I'll never learn my lesson that's for sure!
I washed my red locks to freshen them up a little and moped around the house for a while until Mum asked if I wanted to go out with her to grab a couple of bits n' bobs from the supermarket which of course I agreed to as I don't do being stuck in the house for any length of time. I like to be on the move. Just as we were about to set foot out the door, Dad arrived home to keep an eye on a poorly Laurel cuddled in her bed upstairs.
Our trip out consisted of a brief visit to TK Maxx as we hadn't been for a while with us being away in Liverpool. Although we didn't last long as it was full of Saturday shoppers who are away with the fairies I think it's fair to say! We much prefer it during the week, early in the morning when it's quiet. This was followed by a trip to Sainsbury's where we bumped into a friend who we had a quick coffee with before picking up what we needed.
Back home, after dinner I decided to do a spot of baking. Malteaser chocolate truffles-mmm! I tend to make them nowadays as they're not too strenuous as I get tired easily thanks to my CRPS. Thankfully, they don't take too much time or effort to make and it's something I love doing too! Whilst the mixture was setting in the fridge we enjoyed chilling out in the garden for a little while as it was quite mild for once. I believe the weather is to improve next week so here's hoping the weather forecasts are correct! It would be rather nice to have a few more warm, sunny days wouldn't it? We had a taste of it down Liverpool and I'm seriously missing it!
Anyway, what was I saying? Ah yes, we spent an hour so sitting out in the garden listening to the birds singing in the trees beyond our garden. In my opinion there's nothing sweeter than listening to birds sing-such a beautiful sound!
It did however begin to grow cold and I can't stand a cold breeze so around half past ten we headed back inside to the warmth of the house. Sitting out in the garden until half past ten is pretty good I must say though! It was then that I finished off making my truffles and may have tried one (maybe even two!). They were rather scrumptious if I do say so myself!
Well I'll love ya and leave ya for now folks!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment