Monday 11 July 2016

Day 34: No Scottish Gigs Rant

It's another Monday; the start of a new week! I hope you all have a pleasant coming week whatever you're up to.
It's been another quietish day for me with very little to report I'm afraid. As you'll probably recall from my previous post, I made some of those delicious Malteaser chocolate truffles and as always, they're disappearing rather quickly. You can't help but pop into the fridge every time you enter the kitchen for another one-they're just soo good!
Laurel is feeling a little better today by the looks of it, I saw her properly for the first time in a couple of days as she came downstairs for a little while so that can only be a good thing. The poor soul has been absolutely miserable during the past couple of days with the virus that she caught whilst we were away last week. Here's hoping she's on the mend now!
I've also decided to start a mini art project over the Summer and see how it goes. It'll probably take longer than that timeframe to complete but I thought I'd attempt doing something creative during my free-time. I'll not tell you exactly what I'm going to attempt just yet but what I will say is, I got the idea from my art tutor. When we were working on my Nat 4 Art we displayed various pieces of my artwork in a sketch book which was quite fun to create so I thought I'd take that idea and use it in my project. Basically, I've selected a theme and I'll create various pieces of art based on that theme and display it in my sketchbook in a similar way that my tutor and I did. Again, I'll try keep you updated with the progress and perhaps the odd photo if I remember to take them!
Since we arrived home from good old Liverpool last week, we haven't done a proper weekly shop yet and have just been get the odds and ends we need from the supermarket. However, Mum and I did a mini supermarket shop this afternoon to purchase the bits and bobs we'd need for the next couple of days to take us up to Thursday when we normally do the main weekly shop. We nipped into the supermarket café for a quick drink before Mum headed off to get what we needed. As I waited in the café, I took full advantage of the free Wi-Fi and was fiddling round on my iPod to pass time.
Within the space of a few minutes there were two gig announcements which sadly didn't quite turn out to be what I'd hoped. I was scrolling through Facebook and I saw that Mick Fleetwood's Blues Band were heading out on tour and of course my heart skipped a beat with excitement as I clicked on the article. Sadly for me, it's a tour of the US so I guess I'll be waiting in anticipation in hope of a UK tour sometime in the not so distant future.
Just a short while later, I saw an article on Queen's Facebook that Brian May and Kerry Ellis were heading out on a UK tour around Christmas. Now, I'd been patiently waiting for them to tour the UK and was pretty much bursting in my seat as I tried to get the article to open. Typically, it wouldn't load. Why does technology never work when you need it to!? Eventually, after plenty of persistence I managed to load the article and found myself scrolling down the page until I came across the dates. My heart was pumping as I scrolled through the list of dates and then I reached the last one; no Scottish dates! Are you kidding me!? I'd waited ages for a UK tour and there isn't even one single show here in Scotland! Needless to say I'm gutted. I guess I'll be waiting a little while longer then. Oh well, I least I'll be able to save my cash for future Fleetwood Mac and Paul McCartney tours! The life of a music geek eh?
Well, that's all there is to report today folks! My stomach's rumbling and dinner will be ready very soon so I better head off for now. 
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment