Thursday 18 August 2016

The Final First Day

Schools back and tutoring begins for me once again. I can't believe the Summer holidays are behind us now, where on earth did the seven weeks go? It feels like just yesterday that I was counting down the days until the Summer holidays. BOOM! And they're gone!  
It's weird saying that this is my final first day of term. One day down how many more to go? I can't quite believe that I'm in sixth year; my final year of school! It feels just like yesterday that I waved goodbye to primary school and started secondary school exactly five years ago today. I spent three days in my new school before heading down to Great Ormond Street Hospital in London for the knee op that changed my life. I was off school for months and finally returned for a period of a couple of months before I realising that I really couldn't cope with school. I was under a lot of medication and the more active I became the more my pain increased meaning that my doctors had to increase the medication dosages and I didn't particularly like the side effects but I'll leave that for a future post. With this in mind I made the decision to return to home tuition which I've been receiving ever since.
I can't say that home tuition has always been easy nor has my education/schooling in general. We've had a lot of tutors come and go over the years as unfortunately, not everyone quite understood what was wrong with me and in turn didn't understand that I couldn't cope some days. Eventually, we did find the right tutors for me and words cannot describe how much of an impact they've made in my life. I'm a completely different person since I first met them; they're always willing to adapt and make every task something that I CAN achieve! And as result look what I've achieved!? I actually passed my art and design qualification and things are looking hopeful to attempt some further qualifications this year. So without a doubt I'll miss my tutors next year when I leave school however I have a lot of plans and aspirations for the future and can't wait to take them forward!
I turn eighteen in less than a month and I feel like there's so much ahead of me in my next chapter. On reflection I can't quite believe what I've done with my life and I'm only seventeen so who knows what the future holds!
My ambitions for this coming school year are pretty high; there's ALOT of things I want to do and put into action and my intentions are to get the ball rolling. At the moment it looks like that my tutoring will consist of a four day which means I'll have an extra day to myself meaning that I can use the extra time wisely by working towards my goals. I want to make this final year of school/tutoring count so I've got a lot to do or at least make a start on. So be sure to keep up to date with my blog, YouTube and social media accounts to hear all of my latest news, updates and follow each step of the journey!
Let's see what I mad things I can cram into the agenda between now and the day I leave school next June! I'll never say never about anything anymore that's for sure!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment