Wednesday 10 August 2016

Good News!

Hello my friends!
I've been absent here on my blog since the end of last month as you may have noticed as I haven't been so well. I've been suffering from a bad pain flare up in my knee which has lasted for quite some time much to my frustration. Mum managed to eventually persuade me to go see a doctor yesterday however, just as I suspected there's nothing they can really do to help me. Chronic pain is a tricky business, there's isn't an exactly a cure just ways to mask the pain and most of which comes with a price to pay. So it's just another flare up that I'll have to ride through until me body decides to settle down a little once again.
Those of you who know me will know that I'm not one to sit back and do nothing, it's not within my nature to do that so it's been difficult trying to accept the fact that I need to rest and live a quiet life in order for my pain levels to improve I must admit. Although, as suspected I couldn't sit still long and have found myself working on bits and pieces including some new videos for my YouTube channel which I've had very little time to focus on during school term so it's been great to make some new videos! I'll embed the latest video somewhere amidst this post however be sure to explore my channel and have a little peek at some of the other videos that I've been uploading. I also uploaded a vlog which I filmed whilst in Liverpool last month and have two more videos worth of footage from Liverpool still to go up so keep an eye out for that!
Anyway, on to the good news! You may remember before the school Summer holidays here in Scotland I decided with the encouragement of my tutor to submit my artwork to be assessed for a National 4 in Art and Design. Well yesterday, was the SQA result day when the all important letters were sent out to 4th, 5th and 6th year pupils with their exam results and I was one of those pupils who received a letter with the results from my Art & Design course. And I'm so delighted to say that I passed!!!!!
It was so nice after a particularly rough couple of weeks health wise to receive such a great piece of news! I only have limited period of time between the Easter and Summer holidays to complete the coursework and as you may remember I had a busy few weeks amongst it all. So to say I actually achieved it in such a short period of time feels brilliant and I'm really chuffed with the outcome! I'm not gonna lie, there was a few pieces I could quite easily have ripped up in frustration as I couldn't see where it was going or it didn't look the way I wanted it too. Thank goodness for my Mum and fabby tutor who kept me sane and helped me get the end result which I'm pretty delighted with!
So I guess that's all the news I have for you at this very moment. I promise I will get that final Liverpool post finished and posted with soon, it's a long one and there's a lot of facts and information in there which I've had to do a little bit of research into in order to make sure I get it correct hence why it's taking a while but it is there, I promise!
Anyway, I better go for now! I hope you're all doing well and enjoying what's left of the Summer holidays, you'd think it's the middle of Winter here in Scotland-it's so miserable!
Love & Peace,
The Hat Hippie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment