Tuesday 30 December 2014

Christmas Day 2014

Hello everyone out there!

As Christmas has now come and gone (how did that happen so quickly!?) I thought I'd write a post about what I did for Christmas alongside a few photographs that I took on Christmas day.
 My mum woke my sister and I up around 9:30 am on Christmas morning , who knows when we finally would have gotten up had no one woken us. 

The beach on Christmas morning
As a family, we spent a couple of hours that morning opening presents that we each had received. I received some really wonderful presents that I shall truly treasure- thank-you to all my lovely friends and family who kindly gave me a gift! 
 After eating breakfast we got dressed and my Dad, sister and I went out for a walk along the beach to enjoy the fresh air. It was a cold and crisp morning so my much loved companion; my hot water bottle (which is like a magnet to me in the winter months) came along too! The heat from it helps to ease my knee pain when we're out and about, particularly in the winter months.

 We arrived back home where my mum was preparing our Christmas dinner. This year we all had decided that rather than having a traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings, that instead we'd have a buffet with a range of different foods so that everyone could help ourselves to whatever they pleased. At Christmas we often feel that sitting down to a big three course dinner in the afternoon isn't the best of ideas as we usually feel quite full-particularly when you munch your way through some chocolates in the morning! 

The buffet
 There was a bunch of foods such as: chicken pakora, rice, sausage rolls, a selection of meats, potatoes, breadsticks, vegetables and dips, garlic bread and lots more-there's too many to list! And for dessert there was homemade chocolate cheesecake.
 My Grandparents arrived in the afternoon and we exchanged gifts with them before tucking into our lovely buffet-our Christmas dinner. We then spent the rest of the afternoon chilling out watching films on the television. It's lovely to be able to sit down, relax and not need to rush around like you do on any other day of the year. It felt like complete and utter bliss!

Oh Christmas Tree....
 
 Our Christmas day came to an end with us calling my lovely Aunty who lives in New Zealand to have a catch up with her. I'm so grateful that there are such things as telephones and the internet; without that it would be extremely difficult to keep in touch. I miss both my aunt and my cousin dearly and wish that we all could spend Christmas together....maybe one day!

 As I bring this post to an end I want to say that I hope that you all had a special Christmas this year! I send you all my best wishes for 2015 and hope that it will be good one for each and everyone of you!

Lots of Love,
Robyn x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment